Cylindrical masonry tower, with gallery and lantern, next to a small lighthouse house.
Lighthouse painted by white with a wide red bar, As you can see in the photos, the lantern seems to be, at least since 1999, perched on a white pole with narrow red bands, a short distance from the primitive lighthouse, fed by solar energy.
The port of Lobito is the end of the famous Benguela Railway, which serves the mines of Zambia and the southwest of the Republic Democratic Republic of the Congo.
1915 - construction
1995 -the lighthouse was badly damaged due to the period of the civil war
1999 - the lighthouse no longer has a flashlight, the light being on a pole a short distance from the lighthouse primitive
2004/2007 - beautifully restored
2007 - lighthouse concessionaire, which guarantees its conservation, being used as an end of week.
Contact Information Operational:
Help active navigation
Access: In 4x4 about 14 km from the center of Lobito Open to the public: open site,
closed tower International Nº: D-5280;
NGA No. 25640 ARLHS
Nº: YEAR-008 [