It is approximately 150 km south of the city of Namibe, on the road connecting this town to the Iona National Park, Foz do Cunene and Border Calueque on the border with Namibia.
The OMAUHA is a small lodge with about 5.000h, fully fenced and whose purpose beyond beyond tourism is to create wildlife species which once inhabited this region.
Situated in a region of sub-features with beautiful desert landscapes of plains between enormous granite, which gave name to this lodge OMAUHA, which means stone in regional dialect.
In addition to support tourism, the lodge organizes various activities in Namibe, such as:
- Visits to the Namib Desert
- Contact with the tribe Mucubal
- Visit the cave paintings of about 20,000 years
- Visit the world's largest Welwitchia mirabilis
- Visit the oasis and hot springs where you can swim
Photographic Safaris in Iona National Park with various destinations, such as:
- Tours to the river and Foz do Cunene
- Tours along the coast
- Tours in the dunes
- Visits to buildings of archaeological interest of unknown origin
- Contact with the Himba tribe
It is still possible to organize fishing and hunting underwater. It should make a reservation a week in advance, at least.
The hotel does not have any rooms!